A quick post with a few bits of news regarding my lightweight application framework.
Yesterday I pushed out a new version of the packages that contain an updated logger that will work alongside my Owin middleware for HTTP logging and correlation ID attachment.
If you use that middleware package, and an appropriate filter (Web API or MVC) in a project using the logger then everything should just work.
I’ve not been strict enough over the versioning of this framework and I’m going to tighten this up by adopting the Semver format and guidelines. I am aware of a few, minor, upcoming breaking changes as I’ve realised I’ve got some naming inconsistencies in the interfaces (particularly around the use of async) – at least by adopting Semver it will be clear when I make those changes.
The long promised documentation is now underway – something of a minor miracle as I’m always distracted by Visual Studio! I’m hosting it on GitHub Pages, go check it out. It’s early days but I’m hoping to make fairly short work of getting started guides so at least there’s a clear way into the framework.
I’m writing the documentation using Markdown and that’s getting translated into HTML on GitHub Pages via Jekyll. I’ve not used Jekyll before but it’s pretty simple to get going with and coupled with Markdown seems to be a neat solution to creating verbose documentation. I’ll be producing API reference documentation using C#s XML comments and Sandcastle.